Landscape view of the New St. Ignatius Mission Church, the Jesuit House, and Old Mission Church

Dublin Core

Title

Landscape view of the New St. Ignatius Mission Church, the Jesuit House, and Old Mission Church

Description

Location Number Description:

1) This is the Old Mission Church first built in 1962 by the original Fathers who established the Jesuit mission in the Mid-1850s.

2) The white building shows the Jesuits quarters. Some classes were taught in this building but it mostly acted as the living quarters for all of the Jesuits on the reservation. There was a chapel located inside which held daily masses.

3) First opened in 1893, the St. Ignatius Mission Church was still being built in this image. Looking closely, the cross resting at the peak of the chapel in other images had not been installed yet.

Source

St. Ignatius Mission Collection, Jesuit Oregon Province Archives

Date

1890

Rights

Contact the Jesuit Oregon Province Archives, at Gonzaga University, for permission to copy or publish this image.

Format

JPG.

Type

Still Image.

Files

114-1-05a.jpg

Citation

“Landscape view of the New St. Ignatius Mission Church, the Jesuit House, and Old Mission Church,” Digital Jesuits, accessed December 10, 2018, http://as-dh.gonzaga.edu/omeka/items/show/100.

Output Formats